ANICP (National Association of Canned Fish Industries) is an Association founded in 1977 whose objective is to defend the interests of its members.
At ANICP, we work daily to:
– promote cooperation between members, encouraging the achievement of converging positions on matters of common interest, defending these positions before any public or private entities;
– guarantee and preserve the prestige of the Association’s activity, promote its dissemination and contribute to the correct and impartial information of the public;
– develop studies and implement the necessary actions for the effective support of its members, within the scope of the respective activity;
– represent its members in the celebration of collective labor agreements;
– join, participate or be represented in other associations or in any legal persons that pursue purposes of interest to the members’ own activity;
– practice, in general, all the actions and functions necessary for the achievement of its purposes;
– defend the interests of its members at the international level, representing them with key institutions in the sector.
In terms of internationalization, ANICP:
– is a member and founder of AIPCE (European Fish Processors Association) where the most important national representations of the sectors of processing of fishery products are affiliated
– is a founding member of CISAP (International Committee for the Defense of “Sardina Pilchardus Waulbon”, together with its Spanish, French, Italian, Moroccan and Tunisian counterparts)
– is a founding member of Euroatum, the Association of European Tuna Shipowners and Processors, made up of ANICP and its Spanish, French, Italian and English counterparts, with a view of defending these interests before the World Trade Organization.
As part of the monitoring of community policies for the fisheries sector, ANICP is a member of the EU Fisheries and Aquaculture Committee and is a candidate for a seat on the General Assembly of the Southern Western Waters Regional Advisory Council of the European Union.
Anicp is a simple and versatile structure that integrates several services, namely:
Consultancy and technical food information
Periodic information regarding legislation and other interests in the sector
Exclusive access to the network of registered and partnership companies
ANICP in the news
Pinhais & Companhia, Lda
João Paulo Teófilo
Cofisa – Conservas de Peixe da Figueira, S.A.
José Maria Freitas